Differential Service - from $49.951
Differential fluid provides lubrication to gears, bearings, shafts and other internal components. Heat, pressure and friction can slowly breakdown the additives in the differential fluid. In addition, small particles of metal and clutch material may come off as they wear and these particles can mix with the fluid. Fluids can also become contaminated with water.
Benefits of the Differential Service
- Protects ring and pinion gears from premature wear, rust and corrosion
- Protects clutch plates, especially in limited slip differentials
- Reduces heat levels inside the differential
- Reduces friction levels between ring and pinion
- Keeps pinion and differential bearings lubricated
Our technicians will:
- Evacuate or drain the old transfer case fluid.
- Refill with the manufacturer's recommended type and quantity of new fluid2.
We offer differential services, repairs and replacements in:
- Auckland (Botany Downs & Kingsland)
- Hamilton (Te Rapa & Killarney Road)
- Palmerston North
- Christchurch (Hornby, Riccarton & Papanui)
1. Synthetic gear oils cost extra.
2. Price includes up to 2 litres of mineral gear oil. Additional oil will attract an additional charge.